The Avengers 2 gag reel may be short, but it’s a densely packed treasure trove of cute Mark Ruffalo moments and “Kick Me” signs. This small collection of character-breaking moments has been brought to you by the promotion of the Avengers: Age of Ultron DVD/Blu-Ray release date on October 2nd. (via Comic Book Resources)
- The live unboxing of Star Wars toys has allowed us to finally see … what the back of Kylo Ren’s helmet looks like. Ah, ha! Now we finally know … what that looks like! Check out Slashfilm speculating about what the Darth Vader-inspired design could signify.
- Speaking of Star Wars speculation, Benicio del Toro shared a few words about his role in the follow-up to The Force Awakens: “they don’t let me talk too much about it. I’m like the villain. But we’ll see.” So, he’s like the villain, which could mean anything according to the gray morality of the Star Wars universe! … Just kidding, he’s gotta be the villain. (via Movies.Com)
- Did you know August 28th was the 22nd anniversary of Saban’s Power Rangers franchise? In celebration, We Love Fine has launched a Power Rangers-themed T-shirt design contest; submissions are open from now through September 25th. Prizes include cash (from $200-$1,500), Power Rangers collectibles, and the opportunity to have your design appear on official merch.
- Sigh, it’s already September, isn’t it? Let’s celebrate back-to-school season with this 100% leather jacket inspired by Wonder Woman’s costume. It sure does look like a bad-ass way to stay warm in the coming fall months. (via Geek Alerts)
- Could Cartoon Network be planning another Justice League cartoon? Someone spotted a framed poster for a mysterious show titled JLA, featuring a lot of DC heroes’ silhouettes, on a Warner Brothers’ office wall. (via Comic Book Resources)
- In Luke Cage casting news: Mahershala Ali of House of Cards fame has been cast as Cottonmouth. He’ll be joining an impressive roster that already includes Rosario Dawson (as Claire Temple), Theo Rossi (as Shades), Alfre Woodard (as Black Mariah), and Simone Missick (as Misty Knight). (via Hollywood Reporter)
What struck your fancy on the internet today? Tell us what we missed.
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org