We figured it was a sure thing, but it’s still cool to hear official word that LEGO will be selling official Doctor Who and Wall-E sets. Here’s a teaser image we were provided.
- According to the BBC, “A team of Scottish scientists has made light travel slower than the speed of light.”
- Self-purported “meninists” took Always’ #LikeAGirl Super Bowl ad and turned it awful on Twitter. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- John Wick is getting a sequel. If you’re into that sort of thing. (via /Film)
Collider has a few new images from the upcoming Frozen short, Frozen Fever. Someone sees new cosplay opportunities!
- Google to Announce Fiber Expansion In Four Metro Areas. (via Wall Street Journal)
- Two great posts on a similar topic: Arrow and Flash Creator Greg Berlanti Aims to Make TV Superheroes ‘Look Like America’ (via Advocate), and The Flash’s Pied Piper, Andy Mientus, talks with Collider about the first openly gay villain in superhero TV.
- Princess Elena of Avalor, a Latin@ character, will be getting her own Sofia the First spinoff on Disney Junior in 2016. “Our creative team has delivered a universal story with themes that authentically reflect the hopes and dreams of our diverse audience,” said Nancy Kanter, executive vp and general manager at Disney Junior Worldwide. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
Buzzfeed published an interesting article/video titled, “Women’s Ideal Body Types Throughout History.”
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org