Things We Saw Today: Tech Support Gandalf, Our New Favorite Meme
Mar 18th, 2014, 5:00 pm
“Tech Support Gandalf” sprung from the bowels of Reddit when a pic of a Gandalf-garbed Sir Ian McKellen on his MacBook turned up in r/pics. Neatorama has a blank version. Now go meme this mother up.
- The Beastie Boys and GoldieBlox have settled their lawsuit stemming from the latter’s unauthorized use of the song “Girls” in one of their advertisements. GoldieBlox will have to apologize and make a donation, “based on a percentage of its revenues, to one or more charities selected by Beastie Boys that support science, technology, engineering and mathematics education for girls.” Which is what GoldieBlox is all about, so I’m going to go ahead and say this one ended well. (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Predictably (though we wish it weren’t so predictable), Go Make Me a Sandwich’s Anna Kreider, the artist who corrected the anatomy of the GenCon2013 poster, has gotten a lot of hate for it. Here, she responds. I want “You review and correction is full of ASS like your FACE” on a t-shirt.
- Cosplayer Lady Noctis recounts harassment she faced from press pass-holding “journalists” at London Super Comic Convention. She includes pictures of the men in question, from “Going In Dry Media.” (Ew.) Do yourself a favor and walk the other way if you see them. Or walk up and give ’em some polite, civil hell. Your call.
- If you’ve not been convinced already, The Frisky shares 9 Reasons You Should Binge On Orphan Black Before Season 2 Starts (In Gifs!). I’ll watch it soon, I swear.
- Geekosystem tells us about a Kickstarter campaign to create 3D printed medieval armor for the Barbie dolls. Says Jim Rodda, who runs the campaign: “Barbie has had many occupations over her long and storied career. Astronaut, veterinarian, pinup, and princess more times than I can count. She has not, to my knowledge, cosplayed as Brienne of Tarth until now.” And that’s just wrong.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]