Things We Saw Today: Princess Leia and the Seven Ewoks
Things We Saw Today
Right after Leia wakes up she grabs a blaster and shoots a Stormtrooper who’s sneaking up on Han. Agreed? Oh, and who’s going to step up and draw Han being unfrozen from carbonite by a True Love’s Kiss from Leia? (by Kevin Keele, via /Film)
- The Frisky alerts us to the presence of their new favorite Tumblr (and mine, too): Edith [from Downton Abbey] With Googly Eyes.
- Remember how the BBC was getting famous children’s book authors to write short stories about of each of the 11 Doctors in conjunction with Doctor Who‘s 50th anniversary? The first writer has been announced: Artemis Fowl scribe Eoin Colfer‘s A Big Hand For The Doctor, about One, will be released as an ebook on January 23rd. Check out an interview with the author on The Guardian.
- Amanda Palmer weighs in on Internet bullying and asks readers for strategies, stories, and coping mechanisms on how they deal with it. As I write this, there are 919 comments and counting.
Via Fashionably Geek, Ameda Nowlin‘s The Girl Who Waited (Amy under a Van Gogh sky) is available in t-shirt form at RedBubble, if you want to wear a reminder that Amy Pond’s hair is better than yours could ever hope to be.
- As the result of a licensing agreement between Netflix and Warner Bros., Fringe, Chuck, The West Wing, Revolution, The Following, Political Animals, and more will be made available to Netflix subscribers. Maybe I’ll actually get around to watching Chuck now! (ComingSoon)
- The release date for Kimberly Peirce‘s Carrie adaptation starring Chloë Grace Moretz has been pushed back to October 18th. Seasonal! (ScreenRant)
Via our sister site Styleite, a woman in Guangzhou, China unarmed a scissor-wielding woman with a rather impressive high kick. Catwoman, is that you?
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]