Things We Saw Today: Sing Along to the Steven Universe Soundtrack This Summer
— Rebecca Sugar (@rebeccasugar) April 12, 2017
An official Steven Universe digital album is coming out on June 2nd, and will include “remastered songs handpicked by Rebecca Sugar and performed by the voice talents of the show.” Sugar says that “this is the best they’ve ever sounded” and hopes fans will “Please blast them! Please sing along! That’s what these are for!” From the excerpt of “We Are the Crystal Gems” on EW, we’ll definitely be singing along.
- Dame Helen Mirren “begged” on her “metaphorical knees” to be in Fast 8 where she plays a villainous matriarch and Jason Statham’s mother, but she wasn’t allowed near “a single. bloody. car.” How?! (via Buzzfeed)
- The fantasy world might be seeing a lot of Willow Smith soon, as she’s set for an adaptation of Alwyn Hamilton’s Rebel of the Sands and an animated series called Menencholy. (via Shadow and Act)
- Syfy’s The Magicians was just renewed for a 3rd season. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Amy Adams, who deserves all the awards and honors in the world, will receive the 2017 American Cinematheque Award. (via Variety)
- The artist of the Charging Bull Statue isn’t a fan of the Fearless Girl statue, and calls it an “advertising trick.” Although I understand criticism of the statue’s financial firm origin, I’m kinda meh about sculptor Arturo Di Modica’s complaint considering the history of his statue, which Jezebel outlines.
That’s what we saw today, what did you see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—