Things We Saw Today: 16-Year-Old Maja Kuczyńska’s Amazing Wind Tunnel Acrobatic Routines
This wind tunnel dance routine performed by Maja Kuczyńska, a 16-year-old girl from Poland, has been floating across all social media lately, and with due reason. How to describe this video? Well, she’s doing choreographed flips while hovering aloft in a wind tunnel. It’s totally mesmerizing. (via Gizmodo)
- Hera Hilmar has been tapped to play the lead in Mortal Engines, a movie adaptation of Philip Reeve’s futuristic book series set in a steampunk version of London. Peter Jackson will write and produce. (via Variety)
- Haley Bennett has been dropping some big hints that she’s playing Catwoman in that Gotham City Sirens movie… or maybe she’s just hinting at the creative team that she’d really like to play the role.
- Today in Weird Internet News, this Cheeto is shaped like Harambe, and someone paid $99,700 for it. Okay then.
- Lady Gaga has signed on as a guest judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- Via The New Inquiry, here’s a super-cut of Nazi-punching scenes from movies.
- Apparently, the Obamas gave out some very special baby gifts to their high-profile friends.
- Twitter’s heads of HR and diversity have left the company. Hmm… everything okay over there?
- Construction of the DAPL could begin in the next 24 hours, unless there’s an injunction, but the pipeline’s opponents promise “fierce resistance” to the construction.
- Hina Shamsi, the director of the ACLU National Security Project, wrote about an unnerving experience she just had: “Flying Home From Abroad, a Border Agent Stopped and Questioned Me … About My Work for the ACLU.” It’s worth a read.
What did you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org