Things We Saw Today: Riz Ahmed Wants to Start 2017 With Support for Syria Using #10for10
2016 was 💩. Let’s make 2017 👍. I need ur help with this campaign, let’s save lives in Syria, right now https://t.co/pbvy1QDKAp #10for10 RT 🙏 pic.twitter.com/jG9m2HUWkq
— Riz Ahmed (@rizmc) December 27, 2016
Riz Ahmed, who most recently played Bodhi in a little movie called Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, wants to start 2017 with kindness and hope. With the #10for10 campaign, he’s encouraging people to donate $10 dollars and then encourage 10 friends to do the same.
- A new rumor about Spider-Man: Homecoming speculates that 17-year-old Tiffany Espensen’s role as Cindy could turn out to be Cindy Moon, A.K.A. Silk! While seeing Silk would be awesome, let’s not forget about how quickly we jumped on Zendaya being Mary Jane before the actress dispelled those theories. (via Cosmic Book News)
- Hamilton earned $105.5 million this year, beating out The Lion King, which has been the highest earner on Broadway the last three years. (via Variety)
- This video of a car crash is pretty vicious, but it impressively shows a Tesla’s autopilot function predicting it and braking to avoid it. (via Mashable)
- New guidelines for transgender players in the National Women’s Hockey League, intended to combat discrimination, have set a groundbreaking new standard in women’s professional sports. (via NY Times)
- Gary, who is Carrie Fisher’s French bulldog with a long tongue and who was beloved by the late actress and her fans, will be cared for by her daughter Billie Lourd. (via The Daily Beast)
San Junipero. @blackmirror @charltonbrooker #blackmirror #sanjunipero pic.twitter.com/BMrThVMGNY
— Butcher Billy (@billythebutcher) December 6, 2016
Artist Billy Butcher makes amazing comic covers based on Black Mirror episodes. Creator Charlie Brooker has already ordered some prints. (via Buzzfeed)
That’s it for what we saw today, what did you see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Follow The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google+.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]