Things We Saw Today: Self-Defense Tips Against Bigots Grabbing a Hijab From Behind
Nov 18th, 2016, 5:59 pm
Zee Abdulla has posted this instructional video on a basic self-defense move for anyone worried about a bigot forcibly trying to remove their headscarf from behind. (via Facebook)
- In Pokémon Sun/Moon, the protagonist’s mom finally has her own room!
- Want to fly a little drone around your living room? These Star Wars drones are pricey, but the X-Wing, Millennium Falcon, Tie fighter and/or hover bike might make for a nice holiday gift for the Star Wars fan in your life.
- Every hardcore Girlmore Girls fan knows that the show’s creator, Amy Sherman-Palladino, had planned for the show’s last season to end on a specific four-word line… except that she never got to do it, thanks to season 7 shenanigans. Thanks to the upcoming Netflix revival, we’ll finally get to find out what those four words are, and these fans have invited everyone to take a pledge not to spoil it.
- The Obama administration plans to ban oil drilling in the part of the Arctic Ocean owned by the U.S. until 2022, citing environmental concerns. (via Huffpo)
- This weekend is a free Overwatch weekend, so go try out Sombra and find out what all the fuss is about!
TGIF, am I right? What’d you all see out there today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Follow The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google+.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
Follow The Mary Sue:
Maddy Myers - Editor