Things We Saw Today: Jeopardy Contestant’s Final Response Makes Her The Real Winner
It’s not every day you can trick Alex Trebek into doing a meme, but that’s why this Jeopardy contestant is the real winner of the week. Emily didn’t know the answer to the Final Jeopardy category of Natural Wonders, so she decided to go for the joke response instead and the result is priceless. Even her small look to camera paired with that headtilt is a sign she knows she’s truly won. Four for you, Emily.
- Silicon Valley co-stars Kumail Nanjiani and Thomas Middleditch are sharing a story about being harassed in Los Angeles over their opposition to Donald Trump. (via The Verge)
- David Yates has signed on to direct all of the remaining Fantastic Beasts films as well, saying that he’s “got a great team, all of whom are like family.” (via Comic Book Resources)
- Ghost in the Shell producer Ari Arad acknowledges concern over the whitewashing of the film, but apparently every fan he “personally” consulted (a.k.a. his friends) are fine with it. (via io9)
- If I had a front yard, these Star Trek: The Next Generation garden gnomes would be at the top of my list to add as geek decor. (via GeekTyrant)
- Sombra may be a new addition to Overwatch, but she’s already got some game-certified cosplay thanks to Blizzard. (via Fashionably Geek)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—