Things We Saw Today: Jessica Chastain Will Be the Hero We Deserve as Indestructible Vigilante Painkiller Jane
Jessica Chastain will star in and produce Painkiller Jane, an adaptation of the series by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada. This isn’t the first adaptation of the character, but I’m very excited to see Chastain’s take. (via Variety)
- Wanna make your BB-8 toy look like a fancy movie prop? Cosplay Chris on Youtube has a great how-to video. (via io9)
- Ghostbusters director Paul Feig is directing a robot clone comedy called Turned On and I can’t wait to see what funny woman will lead. (via Movies.com)
- This is what being an ally looks like: Half the members of a Tufts University sorority left the organization after the chapter discouraged members to accept a trans woman. (via Daily Dot)
- Shadow and Act writes about the timeline and significance of Octavia Spencer’s series on Madam CJ Walker.
- Four-time Oscar nominee Annette Bening spoke candidly about sexual harassment she experienced as a young actress. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
Why I created WE BARE BEARS. pic.twitter.com/EqnXWfQhzr
— Daniel Chong (@threebarebears) November 11, 2016
We Bare Bears creator Daniel Chong shared a post about how his Asian-American experience informs his show and its message of tolerance. (via Cartoon Brew)
That’s what we saw today, what did you see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—