Things We Saw Today: More Children At Their Geeky Best For Halloween, Including An Awesome No-Face
Before we completely say goodbye to Halloween for the year, I just wanted to shout out two more kids who really got it right (and whose parents are raising their kids as good little pop culture geeks). Take three-year-old Momo in Taiwan, for instance, who did an amazing job dressing up like No-Face from Studio Ghibli’s Spirited Away (the other photos you’ll see on Facebook are equally adorable). And then there’s the equally adorable two-year-old Lincoln Gill, who does a killer Dwight Schrute from The Office! (via Buzzfeed and Kotaku)
- This piece over at Medium attempts to capture how hopeless the current U.S. Presidential Election is making us all feel, right down to the nihilist memes.
- thatgamecompany is finally talking about its follow up to its hit game, Journey. Their next project is currently called thatnextgame (at least, until further notice). All they’ll say is that it’s “a game about giving.” (via Kotaku)
- Bono has made Glamour’s Women of the Year list, but it’s not what you think. They’re actually honoring a Man of the Year for the first time, in the interest of celebrating men who work toward gender equality. (via CBS Boston)
- Hugh Jackman gives great face in Logan as our most stylish Wolverine yet! (via Coming Soon)
- The indie film Moonlight is taking the film world by storm. Check out this interview with the film’s cinematographer and colorist where they talk about the bold look of the film (via Indiewire)
- Looks like Spider-Man: Homecoming is getting a prequel comic! We now live in a world where movies based on comics get comics based on them. Is someone trying to incept me? (via Nerdist)
Well, that’s it from our neck of the woods! Any of you see anything good today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]