Things We Saw Today: Aziz Ansari Can’t Believe He Has to Tell People to Vote
Aziz Ansari recorded a video for The Other 98% encouraging folks to get out there and vote in the U.S. presidential election, but he’s not happy that he had to do it. I mean, come on. Do you really need Aziz to tell you to vote? You know how important this is, right? RIGHT??? Sheesh. (image via David Shankbone on Flickr)
- Hamilton’s America, a documentary about the making of Lin-Manuel Miranda’s mega-hit Broadway musical, will be live-streaming for all to enjoy on the Great Performances Facebook page tomorrow night, as well as on PBS, at 9 PM! (via Broadway World)
- Speaking of Broadway, 13 Going on 30 is getting adapted into a musical.
- This latest Pokemon Sun and Moon advertisement isn’t aimed at the youth of today, but rather, at lapsed Pokemon fans who grew up with the ol’ Gameboy games. So, probably, it’s made for viewers like you. (via Eurogamer)
- If you liked the new music for Netflix’s latest season of Black Mirror, you can now stream the soundtrack. Oh, by the way, there’s new Black Mirror eps out today!
- Geek.com has a comprehensive history of Princess Leia’s iconic gold bikini, how Carrie Fisher felt about having to wear it, and all the inappropriate behavior she endured from leering crew members on set. Barf.
- Ready Player One actress Letitia Wright has joined the star-studded Black Panther cast! (via Variety)
- Netflix is adapting a new Anne of Green Gables series, and they’ve just cast their Anne Shirley: 14-year-old Irish-Canadian actress Amybeth McNulty. (via Den of Geek)
That’s about it for us, today! Whew. What’d you all see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com