This week is giving me all the Parks and Recreation nostalgia. ICYMI, earlier this week it was officially Treat Yo Self 2016 on October 13th, and now Ron Swanson himself is finally sounding off on the presidential election. Actor Nick Offerman took to Twitter after speaking with “a source close to Ron” (wink wink) and outlined exactly all of the reasons why Ron would favor one candidate over another in the election. Or he’d just write someone else in, which sounds more like Ron to me.
- Speaking of the election, the Orange is the New Black cast has also landed on one side most decisively. (via The Daily Dot)
- Reese Witherspoon and Robin Wright are among those teaming up to produce an upcoming television series based on an upcoming book which chronicles the lives of several of the First Ladies of the United States, from Jackie Kennedy to Michelle Obama. (via Deadline)
- The first U.S.-based lightsaber academy is opening in San Francisco! If you’ve ever wanted to tap into your inner Jedi (or Sith, we’re not judging), here’s your chance. (via Blastr)
- I guess this is one way to pull off some cross-promotion? Jury’s still out on whether or not this Doctor Strange name-dropping in an episode of General Hospital was actually successful, though. (via io9)
- Arrow is resurrecting a comic book character who used to have his own show. Christopher Chance, aka the Human Target, is coming to the CW series, played by Jessica Jones actor Wil Traval. Previously, he was played by Mark Valley in a short-lived series on Fox. (via Comic Book Resources)
What else did you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]