Things We Saw Today: It’s a Wrap For John Boyega on As-Yet-Untitled Kathryn Bigelow Film About 1960s Detroit Riot
That’s a wrap 🎬 pic.twitter.com/VrHxnUctWh
— John Boyega (@JohnBoyega) September 13, 2016
One of John Boyega’s most intriguing post-Force Awakens projects has been his casting in Kathryn Bigelow’s upcoming, as-yet-untitled film about the 12th Street Riot in Detroit in 1967. Boyega took to Twitter to announce that he’s wrapped. According to Collider, “a press release from production house Annapurna Pictures described it as ‘a crime drama’ that ‘explores systemic racism in urban Detroit.'”
- Hey, fans of 1990s PC games! Did you know that at one point Disney was going to create a Myst-themed theme park? Myst‘s creator, Rand Miller, confirmed this in a recent interview with A.V. Club. (via /Film)
- Variety reports that, while there’s definitely been an increase in female participation on television in front of the camera, the industry is still woefully behind in hiring women to work behind it.
- Bryan Singer confirms that Mr. Sinister will be the villain in Wolverine 3. (via /Film)
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will be available for Playstation 4 January 24, 2017. That’s the only piece of straightforward information discernible in the weird trailer they just released. (via Polygon)
- Check out this really awesome comic by Avery Alder about using people’s preferred names and pronouns. It really puts things in perspective. (via Strip. Villainette)
Some new photos from Assassin’s Creed, starring Michael Fassbender, have been released! To check out the full gallery, head on over to ComingSoon.net!
That’s all for today! What have you seen out there?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Follow The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google+.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]