Things We Saw Today: Your Favorite Action Stars, Now With Selfie Sticks Instead of Guns
"Stop taking pictures of her, you bitch" - Ellen Ripley. Probably.
Somewhere, there is an alternate universe where what defines a badass action star is not violence, or their weapons, but their ability to take a quality self-portrait on their phones mid-battle. Check out The WOW Report, where they have a bunch of classic action stars wielding selfie sticks instead of guns. Because no alien attack should get in the way of a good photo.
- Sheba brand cat food understands that sometimes chasing pussy will keep you from actually getting laid. (via Jezebel)
- Raise your hand if you want to see the dog who is in the Guinness Book of World Records for popping 100 balloons in the shortest time. OK, now raise your hand if you didn’t even know that this was a thing that anyone would even think to measure, ever. Hands all still up? Mmmkay good. Then it’s not just me. (via Guinness World Records on Facebook)
- The Paris Summer Innovation Fellowship grants 20 tech-savvy minds the resources they need to develop ideas that will improve their city. There’s no upper or lower age limit, so a very awesome 10 year old girl named Eva who wants to make Paris’ streets happy again by building a special robot applied… and she got accepted! Check out the acceptance letter Eva received from Five by Five’s Kat Borlongan. It will melt your heart. (via Kat Borlongan on Facebook)
- Is there such a thing as being way too honest about your project’s shortcomings? Check out what Keanu director Peter Atencio has to say about the film’s marketing, and all the other failures he cares to name. (via /Film)
- Remember when Marvel said that it wasn’t “mind control” that made Captain America secretly be a Hydra agent? Well, as it turns out, it was totally mind control. (via Paste Magazine)
See anything interesting out there in the wilds of the Internet? Tell us about them below!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]