Things We Saw Today: Mike Colter Hypes the Complex Characters of Luke Cage
If I had my way, it’d be September 30th already, and we’d all be watching Luke Cage right now. Sadly, I can’t bend the space-time continuum just yet, so we’ll have to make do in the meantime with some more hints from Mike Colter, who discussed the Netflix series with Comic Book Resources at the red carpet premiere of Civil War. Colter told fans to expect complexity from the series’ characters: “The moral ambiguity of a lot of my characters, that’s who we are in real life. Anybody who I meet who is always good? That worries me. That just worries me. I need somebody to give me both sides. You can’t be all good all the time […] It’s just common sense.” You can read more of the interview over on Comic Book Resources.
- The Washington Post has a feature up on Squirrel Girl, including an interview with Ryan North and Erica Henderson. (via email tipster)
- This weekend’s episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend had a song dedicated to that a topic that’s, literally, very uncomfortable: UTIs. (via Jezebel)
- Vulture reports on everything Jared Leto sent his Suicide Squad co-stars in the name of “acting.” A used condom is one of those things. Friend, that’s not called acting; that’s just being a jerk.
- In the spirit of “unnervingly catchy songs about terrible things,” here’s Alexander Hamiltrump. (via Pajiba)
- Ruh-roh: Scooby-Doo and the gang are getting their own cinematic universe, too. (via Comics Alliance)
That’s what we saw today! Where did the day take you?
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]