Things We Saw Today: “Mighty Men of Marvel” Variant Covers Have Lots of Shirtlessness, So, Uh, There’s That
It was announced at C2E2 at the Women of Marvel panel that following March’s “Women of Power” variants, Marvel will be launching its “Mighty Men of Marvel” series for July, featuring several variant covers featuring male superheroes in some interesting poses. Apparently, these variants are partly inspired by upcoming covers–but with a sexy twist, I guess? Either way, these are leaving comic book fans with some mostly mixed reactions. What are your thoughts on the “Mighty Men of Marvel” variant covers? In the case of Captain America, that’s one oddly revealed nipple. (via Comic Book Resources)
- Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant have been cast in a new Netflix comedy called Santa Clarita Diet, about husband and wife realtors who experience “a road of death and destruction” after Barrymore’s character experiences a major change. (via Entertainment Weekly)
- Miles Teller confirmed he auditioned for the role of Han Solo, but also admitted he never watched any of the Star Wars movies until right before going in to audition. Given the list of actors who are now on the shortlist to star, that might have been a bad thing? He also discusses the travesty that was the Fantastic Four movie, though his perspective is pretty much the same as co-star Michael B. Jordan’s–disappointed, but moving on. (via /Film)
- The new Batman game will likely be an R-rated game (or, in this case, rated M for Mature). Also interesting: the fact that the decisions the player makes as Bruce Wayne will tie into the effects of what happens at night when they play Batman. (via Telltale Games)
— Batman v Superman (@BatmanvSuperman) March 19, 2016
Gal Gadot modeling the new Wonder Woman lens on Snapchat is pretty close to perfect. Can I also have that Snapchat lens but just, like, for my real life?
- Teen Wolf star Dylan O’Brien was injured while performing a stunt on the set of the new Maze Runner movie, but the good news is he’s going to be okay. Production has been postponed while O’Brien recovers. (via /Film)
- Netflix has reportedly closed a $90 million dollar deal for a new Will Smith movie. (via The Verge)
What did you see today?
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com