Joss Whedon Has Chosen Who Will Be In ABC’s S.H.I.E.L.D.
and let it be known
Superhero fans have been speculating which Marvel characters will be featuring in Joss Whedon’s new S.H.I.E.L.D. series on ABC. Will any of the characters from The Avengers have key roles (or at least play a small part? Will he populate the show will those connected with S.H.I.E.L.D. through the years? Or will he create new characters? We now know the answer.
TV Line has details from the pilot which include the main characters that will eventually be cast. They are:
- Skye: This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.
- Agent Grant Ward: Quite the physical specimen and “cool under fire,” he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He’s a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he’s the kind of guy that grows on you.
- Agent Althea Rice: Also known as “The Calvary,” [sic] this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.
- Agent Leo Fitz and Agent Jemma Simmons: These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other’s company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he’s a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.
If those names don’t sound familiar to you it’s because they’ve never existed in Marvel comics or their film franchises. Yup, Whedon and Co. are going with completely new characters. It’s not surprising, and there’s nothing to say they won’t bring in people we know to mix with this cast, but I’m sure it will annoy some fans. I’m happy to see a generous representation of females (not that I was worried) and now I’m speculating who this non-Agent Skye will be. Also of note, none of these descriptions specifically specify any superpowers.
No word who will be cast in these roles but you could probably bet money on at least one Whedonverse actor getting special consideration. TV Line writes, “Whedon is tentatively set to direct the pilot; he’s also slated to write the series with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen.
- Copies of David Hasselhoff’s Made For TV Nick Fury Movie Are Going for $70 And Up on Ebay
- Watch This Guy Apply For A Job On Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. With A Film Featuring His Design Work
- Some S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Show Tidbits
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]