Your Guide to Follow Along With San Diego Comic-Con 2017 From Home
Whether because money for travel and spare time are hard to come by, or because you’re not into being stuck in large groups of people (hello friend!), you may want to experience San Diego Comic-Con from the comfort of your own home. You can’t quite get the same experience, but there are a few ways you can enjoy all the action without having to leave your fortress of solitude.
While you can’t catch the big panels live, Marvel is running a weekend-long live stream for the full length of the con, from today, July 20, through Sunday, July 23, which you can watch above.
That stream, live from the Marvel booth at the show, will feature “real-time announcements from the convention floor; up-to-the-minute panel, in-booth and signing schedules of all your favorite Marvel creators; and see exclusive videos!” IGN and Twitter have also teamed up for a live stream if you’re looking for some alternate coverage (and maybe some more DC Comics content), which you can watch right here.
For everything else, you’ll have to live vicariously through those fans and reporters who are actually at the show, but there are still certain times you’ll want to pay close attention to what’s going down on the Internet to make sure you don’t miss anything. Here’s a quick rundown on some of the biggest things to keep an eye out for:
Thursday, July 20
- 20th Century Fox has a panel going on right now, ending at 12:30PM PT, with Kingsman: The Golden Circle (which just got a trailer), a Deadpool sequel, New Mutants, and X-Men: Dark Phoenix being things to watch for.
- Netflix (3:15 – 4:30PM PT) is coming with their Death Note adaptation that we have tons of reservations about, so we’re extremely curious as to how that will go.
- Legion (5PM – 6PM PT)
- And Marvel’s Inhumans (6:15PM – 7:15PM PT) which has seemed underwhelming so far.
Friday, July 21
- Steven Universe (11AM–12PM PT, Indigo Ballroom)
- The Walking Dead (12:15PM – 1:15PM PT)
- Marvel’s The Defenders (5:15PM – 6:15PM PT), which also has a new trailer online today.
Saturday, July 22
- Warner Bros. Pictures (11:30AM – 1:30PM PT) for all your DCEU movie needs, especially Justice League, but probably also Aquaman and a Wonder Woman sequel.
- Star Trek Discovery (2:30PM – 3:15PM PT)
- Stranger Things (3PM – 4PM PT), so prepare for more talk about season 2!
- DC TV – Arrow / Supergirl / The Flash / Legends of Tomorrow / Black Lightning(3:30PM–6:30PM PT) for all your Arrowverse, Supergirl, and Black Lightning news.
- Marvel Studios (5:30PM – 7PM PT) for Avengers: Infinity War and who can really say what else from the MCU.
Sunday, July 23
- Doctor Who (2PM – 3PM)
These aren’t the only panels for things we’ll all be interested in, but they’ll probably be bringing the biggest news, especially from Warner Bros. and Marvel Studios. So, keep your eyes peeled on social media (and this very site!) during those times in case anything Earth-shattering drops or any footage leaks out on the Internet that you can see before it’s inevitably removed.
Also make sure to see what the buzz is a short while after each of these panels to see what journalists might have learned in their own interviews.
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—