Things We Saw Today: Star Trek Hints at Megan Fox Joining the Franchise and We’re Hyped
Move over, Chris Pine. You've been replaced.
All has been quiet on the Star Trek movie front. While the Trek Renaissance has continued on television, the films have reached a standstill with stars Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth walking away.
Now, we have what might be a vague whisper of movement, thanks to … Megan Fox? The star, who has not previously been attached to any Trek project, posted a couple of photos on her Instagram story of her and John Cho at some sort of panel/shoot with the hashtag #StarTrek. A fan screenshotted this and tweeted about it, and the official Trek twitter replied.
— Star Trek (@StarTrek) October 31, 2018
Naturally, it’s time to run some clickbait-y headlines about whether Fox is actually beaming onto the USS Enterprise. We at TMS love Megan Fox, so we’re all thrilled a the idea of her taking command of a starship, because it’s what she deserves.
Is this a small sign of progress on the films? Has she been cast to fill the role of navigator that was left behind by Anton Yelchin, or will she be playing an alien or a villain? What about a new Captain?
Is this even a sign that she’s involved in the franchise or is she just celebrating her geeky side? The Trek twitter’s response seems to point to them being up to some shenanigans, and the inclusion of Cho points to it being in the Kelvin ‘verse. Hopefully, Paramount decided to get me an early birthday/holiday gift and paid Chris Pine and then cast Fox in the film and they’ll be announcing it shortly. It’s a Halloween miracle!
(via Twitter; Image: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
- Sweet Christmas! Luke Cage and Iron Fist reportedly lost two-thirds of their audiences in season two. (via Comic Book)
- Former President and First Lady Barack and Michelle Obama have optioned the rights for The Fifth Risk for their Netflix deal. (via Collider)
- Carey Mulligan calls for on-set child care in the film and television industry. (via The Guardian)
- Kathy Griffin says that Cesar Sayoc, who was arrested for the recent bomb scares, threatened her on Twitter. (via Huffington Post)
- There is now a Laurie Strode action figure for your collecting needs. (via Nerdist)
Happy Halloween! Get all the candy your heart desires on the spookiest day of the year!
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]