Following the release of the Morbius trailer, there emerged a lot of speculation about Easter Eggs and other hints of what was to come. One piece of juicy speculation was that The Crown and Chernobyl actor, Jared Harris, might be playing Otto Octavius, aka Doctor Octopus.
Speaking with Variety at the 2020 SAG Awards, Harris sadly put that fan speculation to rest. According to Tor, he said: “I love the imagination that the fans have, it’s exciting for me to think about the imagination that fans have. But yeah no, it’s not.” Other than that, he is remaining tight-lipped about any of the possibilities for the role that he might be playing.
While Harris would be great in the Doc Ock role, I feel like the memory of Spider-Man 2 and Into the Spider-Verse have delivered us the best Doc Oc content we will need for awhile. Let’s let some of the other lesser know Spidey villains and friends get their turn being played by excellent actors.
(via Tor.com, image: Disney + Screencap)
- Apparently, Marvel’s Kevin Feige has spoken to Patrick Stewart about X-Men’s Charles Xavier, and honestly, that’s one of the roles we would totally be fine with not recasting as Marvel brings in the X-Men. (via Greek Tyrant)
- The Supreme Court will not be handling Obamacare in the courts until after the election, because we just can’t have nice things. (via Politico)
- Baby Jabba is not cuter than Baby Yoda, no matter what debates are going on. (via Indy100)
— Comic Book Resources (@CBR) January 21, 2020
- Katie Sowers, assistant coach for the 49ers, is the first female and first openly-LGBTQ coach to head to the Superbowl! (via Yahoo News)
- This awesome video gave me all the feels. So, now you have to have them, too:
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]