We’ve all secretly wished we could follow Liv Moore on Tumblr. You know, just to keep track on things between new iZombie episodes (and also see whether she’d be into all our LIV & RAVI = BFFS 4 EVA art). Well, we got our wish (kinda sorta) on Tuesday night, with “Physician, Heal Thy Selfie” putting our favourite brainiac under the influence of a so-called “social media maven.” (Yes, I hate that tern as much as you do.)
You probably tweeted about “Physician, Heal Thy Selfie” a bunch last night, but let’s delve into it with a few more than 140 characters, shall we?
- The twist on the case of the week (Liv not being able to use her powers because the victims’ heads were cut off)? Truly brilliant. What a way to switch up the standard episode format and make a case more challenging all around! Also, it’s nice to see Liv’s skills chalked up to more than just her visions for once.
- Lots of Peyton in this episode! And she is talking about her past AND her work life! This is development. Or is it (GASP!) the beginning of her end? (You know, the ol’ “Get us close to her and then kill her!” trick?!) I’m worried, you guysss.
- “You know my guest? He’s the man who made you what you are today.” Look at Peyton making the funnies and teasing “Team Z” leader Blaine like the rest of us!
- Am I the only one who wants to try Liv’s brain sushi? Like I know that it’s brains, but it looked so much like salmon sushi and I am so craving some spicy rolls now.
- “If you want me to pick every marshmallow bear out of that box for you, I’ll do it.” RAVI, EVER THE DREAMBOAT. (Although, real talk, I feel him on the earlier anger about someone picking out all the “good stuff” in your snack. Just buy a bag of pretzels if you’re gonna eat them out of my Party Mix!)
- VAUGHN DOUCHE CLARKE? HOW COME I DIDN’T THINK OF THIS BEFORE?! IT IS GENIUS. I’M NOT CALLING HIM ANYTHING ELSE.
- Also back this episode! Gilda/Rita! With her rent and everything!
- Most relatable conversation of the episode? When Drake’s mom asks if Liv is anemic because she is so pale and also if she’d like some make-up to look less like “the sun.” Why do people think this shit is appropriate? I have had so many similar conversations with people re: my pasty face and it gets old fast.
- That being said, how cute is Liv with Drake’s mom? Also how cute is it that Drake is so close with his mom? It kind of makes me sad that there’s an obvious expiry date on this relationship given Liv’s search of his history and final realization about Blaine.
- On a serious note, oh man, how good and creepy is that showdown scene between Boss and Blaine?! I hope we get to see these two antagonists face off more and not just so I can make some “Who’s the REAL Boss?” graphics.
- On a super serious note, do you think that Liv loves the “I got hot sauce in my bag” line in “Formation” more than the rest of us?
- Ravi says “our doorman” like he’s ready to make he and Peyton a “We” again. And then she just leaves and totally rebuffs his offer to give her a safe place to live and also support. :(
- “The day she died, she tweeted 27 TIMES!” Is that really the unbelievable stat we’re pulling out? Because, I can send out at least 20 tweets just live-tweeting a show.
- Maybe I’m nit-picking, but where in the hell does Liv get pumpkin spice lattes in February?! Because I’ll move to Seattle just to live out my year-round fall feels dreams if I have to.
- I’m still not over Minor, guys. I don’t care what Rob Thomas wants to tell me.
iZombie airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on The CW. Canadians can catch it on Shomi.
(images via The CW)
Emily Gagne (@emilygagne) is one of the founding members of Cinefilles, a site for wannabe female film and TV critics, as well as an admitted heroine addict. She may not have super strength, or be able to make a stake on command, but she can slay you with her rhetorical devices, endless knowledge of Final Girls, and passion for geek girl scoop.
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org