Instead of the once hidden, now officially confirmed bugs that are causing battery issues for iOS 5 users, the operating system contains something else that is hidden, but helpful. After performing a few simple steps using iBackupBot, users can unlock an autocorrect keyboard bar for regular use, seen to the left.
- Download iBackupBot
- Backup your iOS device in iTunes
- Open iBackupBot, then find and load the backup
- Navigate to Library/Preferences/com.apple.keyboard.plist and open the file (Note: If your software isn’t registered, you’ll have to press cancel in order to open the file)
- Add in the code: <key>KeyboardAutocorrectionLists</key><string>YES</string>
- Save your changes, then restore from backup using iBackupBot
If done correctly, you should now have an autocorrect keyboard bar in iOS 5. Happy autocorrecting!
- Apple confirmed iOS 5 bugs are causing battery issues
- The iPhone 4S is so delicate
- But it has a camera pretty enough for The Avengers
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org