Gambit Characters Revealed, Female Character Descriptions Exactly What You’d Expect
The Gambit movie will be starting principal shooting soon. But before then, they have to cast some folks. Thus, they’ve released a casting call with character descriptions that may lend some light into the plot details. If you’re really trying to save yourself from spoilers about any details around this movie, consider yourself warned, mon ami.
Really quick, though: before looking at the list below, how many female characters do you think there are in this casting call? How many of those characters do you think have a descriptor that has to do with their looks? Hmm.
According to Showbiz 411, the list is as follows:
- Louis– Male, any ethnicity, 40s-50s. Elegant and intelligent. An appealing entrepreneur with an unexpected dark side.
- Vera– Female, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. Beautiful, smart, tough, fiery and unpredictable.
- Wes– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – mid 30s. Aspirational but weak minded. Soulful and sensitive.
- Fritz– Male, any ethnicity, 40s – 50s. A professional thief. Charismatic con-artist. Warm hearted but untrustworthy.
- Nash– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. A potent threat. Heir to his mother’s business. Malevolent.
- Willhelm– Male, any ethnicity, 30s. Dangerous street criminal. Protective and loyal to his family. Intensely loyal and violent.
- Gary– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. A little simple; dim-witted and passive.
- Nonna—Female, any ethnicity, mid 20s – 30 years old. Uptight, corporate, vicious, sexual.
- Joe– Male, any ethnicity, 30s. He’s a gun for hire. He is the black sheep of his family. Not from good breeding but from a working class family.
- Ben–Male, any ethnicity, 20s. Just reaching adulthood. A street kid, a disaffected outsider, an orphan.
- Boris–Male, Hispanic, 20s. Charming, handsome, and dangerous..
- Clarissa– Female, mixed race, 10 – 12 years old. Ethereal and other worldly. Very expressive.
- Wolfgang– Male, authentic French, 40s. A French criminal. Must speak fluent French.
- Howard– Male, Caucasian. 50s. A refined European mobster who speaks fluent French.
Okay, cool. There’s a bunch of thieves, some “soulful” folks, and–oh. We can’t even get a few characters in before we get a female character whose first descriptor is that she’s beautiful. Okay. Well, are there any other female characters who don’t have a comment on their looks?. Ah, Nonna is uptight, corporate, vicious… okay, awesome, she sounds cool–oh, wait. Sexual. Okay then.
The only other female character in this roll call doesn’t have a descriptor about her looks, but that’s also because she’s 10-12 years old. And yes, there is a male character whose description includes “handsome.” But really? It’s such a strange thing to see that female character descriptions for movies like this almost always have a comment on their looks. And by strange I mean icky.
Either way, a report from Louisiana Entertainment, the state’s department responsible for tracking film and entertainment projects, reveals that the film’s budget is going to be a little more than $150 million. With a budget like that, we can expect a pretty massive blockbuster. Fire up your headcanons and fanfics now, folks. These are your characters–what do you think the movie’s going to be about?
(via Coming Soon)
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]