Things We Saw Today: The Doom Patrol Season 2 Trailer Is Here!
It’s here fellow Doomies! The official trailer for season two of HBO Max and DC Universe’s weirdest and best show, Doom Patrol! And not only does this full trailer explain exactly who and what the titular Doom Patrol is, but it also gives us some fascinating hints about what issues our favorite immortal losers.
There are a few really intriguing clues here. One is a new alternate personality for Crazy Jane (Diane Guerro) who we’ve only heard of but haven’t met: Miranda. Miranda was the lead personality for Jane (who was born Kay) before a traumatic event, so it’s very interesting to see her here now. It also looks like Rita (April Bowlby) will be trying to hone her superpowers to become a hero, which will be very interesting.
But of course, the most interesting element is the Chief’s daughter, Dorothy Spinner. Conceived by the chief while he had a love affair with an immortal cavewoman (just go with it), Dorothy is incredibly powerful and potentially very dangerous. She’s the reason the Chief has been in pursuit of immortality for himself, so he could out live her but that might not be so easy. Oh and also the team ended last season shrunk to the size of a cockroach so all the clips of them fighting rats and running around like they’re in Honey I shrunk the Doom Patrol are related to that.
As we’ve mentioned, Doom Patrol season one is on HBO Max and if you haven’t seen it and this trailer intrigues you, now is a great time to check it out. Season 2 debuts with THREE episodes on June 25th!
(Image: HBO Max)
Here are a few other things we saw.
- Natalie Portman calls to defund police. (via HuffPo)
- A statute of Christoper Columbus has been beheaded. Hope this starts a trend. (via CBS Boston)
- Oh you mean it is and a different statue of Columbus was thrown into a lake? Well how about that. (via NPR)
- Speaking of racist statues …
I’m laughing so hard please keep this one pic.twitter.com/j2cpcJwfPp
— selene (@oceanselene) June 9, 2020
- Netflix has added a Black Lives Matter category of recommended films so you have no excuse for watching The Help. (via EW)
- JK Rowling tripled down. (via Vulture)
- A queen. A Goddess. An Icon.
DID SHE FUCKIN STUTTER??? put some respeck on lizzo pic.twitter.com/1OyMDPvB1l
— Taylor Rivera 🥶 (@TaylorRivera99) June 9, 2020
- Is peak TV and shorter series hurting television? (via Vanity Fair)
- Here are eight great female black creators to know and follow! (via SyFy FanGrrrls)
- And finally, this Babe sequel is perfect…
VOLUME UUUUPPPPPPPPPP pic.twitter.com/jwmUBvK6p8
— Merrin, Just a Jar of Angry Bees (@merrinish) June 10, 2020
What did you see today, Suvians?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]