Things We Saw Today: The Cassian Andor Series Gets a New Showrunner
Plus quarantine gaming, comfort reads, and more!
Even though Hollywood (and everywhere else) is still on lockdown, plans for the Cassian Andor series are still underway. The Disney+ series follows The Mandalorian as the second live-action series set in the Star Wars universe. The still untitled series is a prequel that follows the adventures of Diego Luna’s character five years before the events of Rogue One: a Star Wars Story.
Now, it’s been announced that Rogue One screenwriter Tony Gilroy will be taking over showrunning duties for Stephen Schiff (The Americans). Gilroy wrote the screenplays for the first four Bourne films, as well as writing and directing Michael Clayton. Gilroy will also be directing the pilot episode of the series.
In addition, Genevieve O’Reilly and Denise Gough (The Kid Who Would Be King) have joined the prequel series. O’Reilly will reprise her role as Mon Mothma, while Gough’s role is still under wraps. They joined previously announced cast members Stellan Skarsgard and Kyle Soller. There’s no word yet on whether or not K-2SO will be joining the show, although my Alan Tudyk-loving self hopes he will.
There’s no word yet on when we can expect the Cassian Andor series, but add it to the list of things to look forward to post-quarantine.
(via The Hollywood Reporter, image: Disney/Lucasfilm)
- Congrats to Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger, who are expecting their first child together. (via EW)
- Here are ten story-driven video games to check out while quarantining. (via Gizmodo)
- Here’s a list of queer comfort reads during this trying time. (via Autostraddle)
- J. August Richards (Angel, Agents of SHIELD) has come out as a proud gay man. Congrats J. August!
- Who can we expect to see in season 2 of The Witcher? (via CBR)
- Let’s delve into Netflix’s Ghost in the Shell:SAC_2045. (via Polygon)
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge took home everyone’s favorite Fleabag set piece. (via AVClub)
- Randy Rainbow does it again!
— Randy Rainbow (@RandyRainbow) April 25, 2020
Hope you’re having a safe and sweet Saturday, Sue Believers!
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]