The Batman Vs. Superman Movie Might Be Getting A Really Stupid Title, So We Came Up With Stupider Titles
Man of Steel: The Knight Is Dark And Full of Terrors
Warner Brothers just registered a whole bunch of… erm… interesting domain names that might give us clues to the title of the next Man of Steel movie. They’re very… well, black. Black and also dark and shadowy and black, with some knights and falling thrown in. Gee, think they might be trying to go grittier with this next film?
Think we’re exaggerating? Here’s the list of titles that Fusible found. Reportedly they were secretly registered through MarkMonitor, the online brand protection company.
- Man of Steel: Battle the Knight
- Man of Steel: Beyond Darkness
- Man of Steel: Black of Knight
- Man of Steel: Darkness Falls
- Man of Steel: Knight Falls
- Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night
- Man of Steel: The Blackest Hour
- Man of Steel: The Darkness Within
According to Fusible, Shorter variations of the names were also registered like, “Battle the Knight”, “Black of Knight”, “Knight Falls”, and “The Blackest Hour”.
“Knightfall” was an actual Batman story arc (and “Knight Falls” has been used a few times since then as well), but in all honestly, the rest seem sort of… silly? And dark. Dark and silly. Presumably most fans were hoping for something that harkened back to the comic books a little bit more such as “World’s Finest” or “The Brave and The Bold.”
If they’re going to go the generically black-and-dark route, then might we offer some of our own ideas? We’ve taken the liberty of putting together our own list of possible titles
- Man of Steel: Turn Off The Dark
- Man of Steel: Good Will Batman
- Man of Steel: 50 Shades Of Black
- Batman/Superman: Bros 4 Life
- Man of Steel: The Dark Knight Darkens
- Man of Steel: New Moon
- Man of Steel 2: Man of Steeler
- Man of Steel: The Curse of The Black Pearl
- Batman vs. Superman: JK They’re Totally Best Buds
What? It’s not like Warner Brothers is doing much better.
(via The Mary Sue)