Apple has begun accepting applications from developers enrolled in the iPhone/iPad development program to make apps for the forthcoming iPad, per an email they just sent out this afternoon.
To have a chance at getting your app approved before the iPad ships on April 3rd, you’ll need to submit it online by Saturday, March 27th, at 5pm PDT; must also be OK with signing a 10-page NDA and working in a totally black-out room.
Full email after the jump:
Here’s Apple’s email, courtesy of MacRumors:
iPad will begin shipping soon and your opportunity to be part of the grand opening of the iPad App Store starts today. Submit your iPad app now for an initial review by the App Review Team and receive feedback on its readiness for the grand opening.
Submit Your App by March 27.
– Build and test your iPad app using iPhone SDK 3.2 beta 5 available on the iPhone Dev Center. Only iPad apps built with iPhone SDK 3.2 beta 5 will be accepted for this initial review.
– Upload your distribution signed app through iTunes Connect by Saturday, March 27, 5pm PDT.
– The App Review Team will review your app on iPad and email you details about the readiness of your app.
– You will also receive additional information about submitting your app for final review before iPad ships.
– Only apps submitted for the initial review will be considered for the grand opening of the iPad App Store.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]