Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: Futurama Meets Avatar (The Last Air-Bender)
by Susana Polo | 4:57 pm, January 26th, 2012
I happen to have a faux-Nike desktop on my desktop featuring the above leaping robot over the perfectly-fonted label of Airbender, but it even took me a moment to understand where Aang was in this picture. (Comic Book Resources)
- Speaking of Avatar, The Promise, a graphic novel that bridges the gap between Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, came out yesterday! It’s written by a fan who came to the attention of the show’s creators through his protest against the white-washing of the movie adaptation, so you should pick it up if only as an example both of fandom getting you places in life and of the success of fan activists. Check out a preview at Comic Book Resources.
Dan Hipp loves crossovers. So do we. (MISTERHIPP)
- Today is NASA’s official day of remembrance, set aside to mourn the deaths of astronauts while on duty, including Judith Resnik, Kalpana (K.C.) Chawla, Laruel Clarke, and school teacher Christa McAuliffe. (GeekMom)
These are what all of the Fellowship minifigs for the upcoming Lord of the Rings Lego sets will look like (Topless Robot):
- Sadface time: Netflix has dropped plans to offer game rentals through its mail service. (GameInformer)
BUT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT LotR. Welcome to Texts From Middle-Earth.
- Alyssa Rosenberg runs down the data we really need on women in the entertainment industry. (ThinkProgress)
This is the back of Tom Hardy’s head, while on set as Bane. I wonder if the front of it shows this kind of scarring. (The HD Room)
- 5 "Unfilmable" Movies That Got Made Anyway
- 5 Greatest Kisses in Sci-Fi Movies
- Twilight & 11 Other Worst Movies Ever
- Steal Joan's Sexy Mad Men Look