Author George R.R. Martin

Things We Saw Today: George R.R. Martin’s Wild Cards is Coming to Hulu

Plus zombies, Green Lantern and more!

Recommended Videos

As the end of Game of Thrones looms near, studios are snapping up properties by the epic’s author George R.R. Martin … even those he didn’t necessarily write. Hulu has announced that they’ve hired Andrew Miller (The Secret Circle) to write and executive produce two separate series based on the Wild Cards book series, which were edited by Martin.

Wild Cards was first released in 1987 and quickly spawned a book series with over two dozen books published and over forty authors involved. The series follow the aftermath of an alien virus that infects earth’s population. 90% of those afflicted die, with the remaining 10% either suffering horrible physical deformities (boo) or gaining superpowers (yay). Known as the Wild Card virus, it lies dormant in people until a traumatic experience brings it to the surface.

Wild Cards joins HBO’s Game of Thrones prequel series and Syfy’s Nightflyers in the ever-expanding George R.R. Martin Cinematic Universe (the GRRMCU?). Are you a Wild Cards fan? Will you be watching the series?

(via Variety, image: HBO)

  • Canadian treasure Celine Dion has released a line of gender neutral kids and baby clothes called CELINUNUNU because why not? (via Elle Canada)
  • MezcoToyz has come out with a John Stewart/Green Lantern action figure and yeah, it’s already on our holiday shopping list. (via MezcoToyz)
  • Kentucky governor Matt Bevin thinks that zombie shows are the cause of mass shootings. They don’t, and I wonder how much money his campaign got from the NRA. (via USA Today)
  • Our own Chelsea Steiner wrote and directed the sex comedy web series Thank You Come Again which premieres on YouTube today! (via YouTube)

What’s caught your eye this Wednesday, Mary Suevians?

Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!

The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—


The Mary Sue is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article JoJo Siwa Sure Is Stirring Up Controversies With Her ‘Rebrand’
JoJo Siwa with a mic in her hand on stage
Read Article All ‘X-Men 97’ Episode Titles, Explained
The X-Men stand together in 'X-Men '97'.
Read Article JoJo Siwa’s ‘Invention’ of Gay Pop Hasn’t Gone Over Well
Jojo Siwa looking like a member of Kiss on a read carpet
Read Article What You Need to Know as ATEEZ’s Coachella Performance Gets Closer and Closer
ATEEZ members in their 2023 Crazy Form Music Video.
Read Article This Redditor Concocted the Perfect Revenge After His Roommate Ate His Fancy Beans
Minthara from Baldur's Gate 3
Related Content
Read Article JoJo Siwa Sure Is Stirring Up Controversies With Her ‘Rebrand’
JoJo Siwa with a mic in her hand on stage
Read Article All ‘X-Men 97’ Episode Titles, Explained
The X-Men stand together in 'X-Men '97'.
Read Article JoJo Siwa’s ‘Invention’ of Gay Pop Hasn’t Gone Over Well
Jojo Siwa looking like a member of Kiss on a read carpet
Read Article What You Need to Know as ATEEZ’s Coachella Performance Gets Closer and Closer
ATEEZ members in their 2023 Crazy Form Music Video.
Read Article This Redditor Concocted the Perfect Revenge After His Roommate Ate His Fancy Beans
Minthara from Baldur's Gate 3
Author
Chelsea Steiner
Chelsea was born and raised in New Orleans, which explains her affinity for cheesy grits and Britney Spears. An pop culture journalist since 2012, her work has appeared on Autostraddle, AfterEllen, and more. Her beats include queer popular culture, film, television, republican clownery, and the unwavering belief that 'The Long Kiss Goodnight' is the greatest movie ever made. She currently resides in sunny Los Angeles, with her husband, 2 sons, and one poorly behaved rescue dog. She is a former roller derby girl and a black belt in Judo, so she is not to be trifled with. She loves the word “Jewess” and wishes more people used it to describe her.