Make a Delicious Wampa Cake of Your Very Own, No Lightsaber Required
But it probably can't hurt.
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Total time: 50 mins
1 box red velvet cake mix
Ingredients needed for cake mix
Cream cheese frosting (homemade or store bought)
1-2 cups sweetened coconut
Melted chocolate for horns
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare your miniature spring form cake pans. (mine were 5 inch)
- Prepare the cake batter according to box and distribute among pans to bake one layer at a time.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cakes are cooled after baking frost the entire outside, leaving the entire top naked.
- Spread melted chocolate on top of cakes and put in fridge to harden.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the frosting on top of the hardened chocolate into a “jack-o-lantern” face.
- Drench the cake with the coconut.
- Pipe some large eyes with the frosting, and using a #2 wilton tip, carefully pipe some sharp fangs.
- Using the melted chocolate (or chocolate frosting) pipe lips around the mouth.
- Using melted chocolate make horns on some parchment paper and harden in the freezer before applying to the wampa face.
- Blood is optional :)
I’m Kathleen and Yummy Crumble is where I explore my sweet tooth and share it with you. I’m not gonna lie. Sweets make my heart flutter. Gooey chocolate chip cookies. Cupcakes with mile high frosting. I won’t even turn down fruit cake! Other things that make my heart flutter are my two beautiful children and of course my lovely husband. You can find me on Twitter and Instagram!
Are you following The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google +?
Pages: 1 2
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]