Things We Saw Today: Tom Holland Spoils the Title of the Next Spiderman Sequel
Plus space travel, Final Fantasy, and the world's ugliest dog!
Tom Holland continues to battle Mark Ruffalo for the prize of “Avenger Most Likely to Spoil the Secrets of the MCU.” The erstwhile Spiderman posted a video to his Instagram from the Ace Comic-Con in Seattle, where he is appearing along with Infinity War cast members Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen. Holland apologizes for having no new announcements to make, before revealing the title and logo of the upcoming sequel, Spiderman: Far From Home. The movie is set for July 5, 2019, and Jake Gyllenhaal will be joining the cast as the villain Mysterio.
(via The Hollywood Reporter, image: Sony/Marvel Studios)
- After its no-show appearance at E3, Tetsuya Nomura admits that the remake of Final Fantasy 7 was announced too early. (via Polygon)
- Jeff Bezos announced that his space flight company, Blue Origin will sell tickets for space tourism in 2019. Anyone got a spare $250,000? (via Daily Dot)
- If Grant Gustin switched from DC to Marvel, he’d most want to play Spiderman. Get in line, Barry. (via Comic Book Resources)
- Ruth Negga talks about what’s next for Tulip on season 3 of AMC’s Preacher. (via Collider)
- This video essay explores spirituality and religion in the films of Hayao Miyazaki. (via io9)
And finally, congratulations to Zsa-Zsa, this year’s winner of the World’s Ugliest Dog contest. You deserve it, queen.
The Latest: English bulldog Zsa Zsa is named the winner of the 2018 World's Ugliest Dog contest. https://t.co/pIZMgkoJa2
— The Associated Press (@AP) June 24, 2018
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]