Things We Saw Today: I Demand a Recount! Back to the Future Voted Most Desired Franchise to Continue?
With the reboot culture and remake culture we live in, it’s no real shock that there’s some discussion about which franchise will be next to be rebooted or revived. What’s shocking is that of all the franchises out there, the one people want is … Back to the Future?
According to a poll done by The Hollywood Reporter: “of the 2,201 adults surveyed between Nov. 8 and 11, 71 percent said that they’d be likely to watch another outing for Marty McFly and Doc Brown ahead of other franchises like Pixar’s Toy Story (69 percent), Lucasfilm’s Indiana Jones (68 percent) and Universal’s Jurassic Park (67 percent).”
My thoughts on this can be summed up in a gif:
I mean, we already are getting a new Toy Story and Jurassic Park, so that doesn’t even make sense. Plus, even Indiana Jones is in talks for another installment, so all of these things are happening beyond Back to the Future, and anyway, we don’t even have hoverboards now?
- In true internet fashion, Twitter has unearthed some footage of the 1997 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and their ballon of Barney getting absolutely wrecked. I’m so glad I didn’t see that as a child, or it would have left me utterly traumatized.
Here’s raw footage of the Barney balloon getting destroyed in the 1997 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade… pic.twitter.com/zTBZjoYXOj
— Tanooki Joe (@TanookiKuribo) November 22, 2018
- Mary Poppins is returning in more ways than one. Dame Julie Andrews apparently has a special role in the upcoming Aquaman movie, which makes me want to just squee with delight. What if she’s a warrior mermaid queen? Please let her be a warrior mermaid queen. (via Screentrant)
- Continuing his fan art swap, artist BossLogic switched Chadwick Boseman and Ray Fisher in their iconic roles, and results are pretty boss. (via Screerant)
- “Take away their fun, before they shoot your son”: words that Jenifer Lewis shared with football players, prompting them all to kneel yesterday before one of the biggest games of the year. That’s why she’s the queen. (via Jezebel)
- Our beloved bae Keanu is going to be in Toy Story 4 … as what toy? Please let it be a Bill & Ted reference. (via i09)
What franchises would you want to see more of? I could do for some more Josie and the Pussycats, myself.
(featured image: Universal Pictures)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org