Things We Saw Today: Alexis Denisof Joining Chilling Adventures of Sabrina as a Love Interest
We still can’t get enough of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and so any bit of casting news, especially as we prepare for the upcoming Christmas special, is especially fantastic. The newest information we have is that Alexis Denisof aka Wesley from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel is coming to the show as a love interest for … Madame Satan. Yes please.
TV Line says that Denisof will recur as Ms. Wardwell’s boyfriend Adam Masters, who “returns to Greendale after a stint overseas working with Physicians Without Frontiers — unaware that his fiancée has been taken over by the demoness Madam Satan.”
Ohhh, this might be a way to fill in one of the gaps from the comics. You see, in the comics, Harvey was killed, and when Sabrina attempted to bring him back to life, instead of putting in Harvey’s soul, Madam Satan resurrected Sabrina’s father, by putting Edward’s soul in Harvey’s body. Which, as you can imagine was very … squick because Sabrina is not aware of this.
If Adam Masters “dies” he can fill in that role in the story and Harvey can live!
We also have Jedidiah Goodacre aka Chad Charming from Disney Descendants playing Oscar Wilde, a fantastic choice.
Also joining the @sabrinanetflix cast are #Descendants star @jedigoodacre as iconic literary character Dorian Gray and @MckennaGraceful who will play Young Sabrina (isn’t the likeness uncanny?!?) pic.twitter.com/zFn0MKqcQy
— See What’s Next (@seewhatsnext) November 28, 2018
- Law and Order: SVU is known for going ‘there,’ but at times when it tries to be progressive, it can often miss the mark in how it frames marginalized bodies. (via Bitch Media)
- Getting into a deep role can be very impactful for an actor, and Michael B. Jordan gets honest about how he was affected by playing the villain Erik Killmonger in Black Panther. (via Business Insider)
- With the passing of Spongebob creator Stephen Hillenburg, illustrators have been paying tribute to the man who has inspired millions of kids for generations. (via Twitter)
- KStew is also in talks to star in an LGBTQ holiday romantic comedy titled Happiest Season. Praise Santa! (via Vulture)
- If you want to understand Paul Manafort better, maybe take a look at Stringer Bell from The Wire. (via Pajiba)
(via TvLine, image: Warner Bros/The CW)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]