Things We Saw Today: Wonder Woman 2 Won’t Have Circe, but It Will Have Cheetah
That Wonder Woman rumor mill has screeched to a stop as we got confirmation that Cheetah will be the next villain in the upcoming sequel.
Cheetah has had a complex history with four different incarnations. As of right now, the theorized pick for the Cheetah incarnation will be Barbara Ann Minerva, a British anthropologist who becomes the avatar of a cheetah god after mistakenly finding her way into an ancient ritual. According to CBR, Warner Bros. had wanted Emma Stone in the role of the classic DC Comics foe, but the Oscar winner ultimately turned down the offer.
I’m personally glad that they didn’t pick Stone and I’m gonna be the first to say Thandie Newton for Cheetah.
I see it.
- New Oscar voters are younger and more diverse, and it shows the differences between the young guard who see Get Out as a triumph and older voters who don’t see it as an “Oscar movie” (via Vulture)
- Childish Gambino had to play a little mythological trickery to get Atlanta made and thank goodness he did (via Uproxx)
- Collider’s review of Red Sparrow discusses how there is a lot of rape and sexual violence in the film: “Dominika refers to Sparrow School as a ‘Whore School’, a more appropriate term would probably be ‘Rape School.'” Well, that’s good to know going in (via Collider).
- Marvel Comics gives us something we’ve always wanted: PEGGY CARTER as CAPTAIN AMERICA! I’m not crying … I’m fine (via Screenrant)
- Mark Hamill & James Gunn are having talks about Hamill being in Guardians Vol 3. Please, please, please! (via CBR)
(via CBR, image: Screengrab)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—