What would you do if John Boyega crashed your Star Wars photo shoot with BB-8? In a promotion for Force for Change’s efforts to help UNICEF and Starlight Children’s Foundation, Boyega did exactly that to some unsuspecting fans who probably feel silly now for not saying Finn is their favorite character. Check out the Omaze page that might win you tickets to the premiere of The Last Jedi here!
- Ewan McGregor is in talks to lead Disney’s live-action Winnie the Pooh! No, not as the yellow bear. (via Collider)
- Jonathan Demme, director of Silence of the Lambs has died at 73. If you loved his work, the family requests that donations be made to Americans for Immigrant Justice in lieu of flowers. (via Deadline)
- Congressman Ted Lieu has introduced the first federal ban on gay conversion therapy. “I am hopeful to get bipartisan support because fraud is fraud,” he says. (via NBC)
Today’s Google Doodle by Nate Swinehart is all about the Cassini spacecraft swooping between Saturn and its rings. Weeee!
- In outrageous and nonsensical dress-coding news that we’ve all become uncomfortably familiar with, a woman at the College of Charleston wasn’t allowed to work out at the student gym. The BS reason? “Sanitary concerns.” (via Some News)
- Cars 3 has a full trailer and it’s a bit less intense than the one where Lightning McQueen crashes as if the tonal inspiration was Rush. I think this actually doesn’t look bad? (via Oh My Disney)
That’s what we saw today, what did you see?
(featured image: screencap)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com