Things We Saw Today: The Men of Firefly in an Art Nouveau Style
Things We Saw Today
Nov 15th, 2011, 4:56 pm
Remember those beautiful prints of the female characters of Firefly done in an art nouveau style? Well, you can preorder the dudes now, if you want. (Nerd Approved)
- Topshelf comics has gone digital, and they’re having a sale. We recommendLeague of Extraordinary Gentlemen: 1910, because when it’s on a computer all you have to do to appreciate all of it is multitask to Wikipedia.
- Marvel cancelled X-23 today, its only ongoing title with a female lead. This is a problem. (Newsarama)
- Did The Dark Knight Rises wrap principle photography, or just Joseph Gordon-Levitt‘s part of it? The world may never know. (The world will probably know shortly.) (MTV Splash Page)
- DC Universe announces the “highly anticipated” Wonder Woman trade collection. Well, it’s apparently only highly anticipated because when they announced the collection of every other New 52 collection last Wednesday, Wonder Woman was the only title not mentioned. Possible typo? When asked where she was, DC replied that details would be released “in the next few days,” so maybe not. Did they have something special in mind? Nope, the details are exactly the same as all the other titles. What is this we don’t even.
- Mike Meyer, the 48 year old mentally disabled Superman fan whose collection was stolen whole months ago, got to visit the childhood home of one of Superman’s creators. The thief got six years.
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com
Follow The Mary Sue:
Susana Polo - Editor at Large