Things We Saw Today: The Trailer for the Final Teen Wolf Episodes Is Here, If You Care
MTV’s Teen Wolf is returning for it’s “6B” last season. I honestly didn’t know it was still on the air, but let’s do this, I guess!
Time was, many years ago, that I liked Teen Wolf an awful lot. In the show’s first two seasons it was campy, earnest, interested in exploring the monstrosities of being in high school via the supernatural. If the plots and the writing were not great, it was buoyed by interesting characters and a young cast who cavorted together like puppies.
But Teen Wolf played out its last lacrosse game for me and I haven’t watched it in ages, so attempting to parse this promo is … interesting. Looks pretty dramatic and horror-movie-esque in the trailer above. Scott is evil or something. Lydia is still very pretty. Alison Argent’s father is a big deal now? Look, it’s Scott’s mom! I love her. Where’s Sheriff Stilinski? Oh and Stiles and Derek are back, which will make many shippers very happy. Where did they go? I’m going to assume to a Canadian shack until told otherwise.
- “Banned Grandmas of Instagram” highlights the cruelty and absurdity of Trump’s Muslim travel ban. (via The Guardian)
- Moonlight director Barry Jenkins is set to direct an adaptation of James Baldwin’s If Beale Street Could Talk. Yes. Just YES. (via Birthmoviesdeath)
- LOOK UPON THESE DC BOMBSHELLS PINS AND THEN BUY THEM FOR ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY. (via FasionablyGeek) (MY BIRTHDAY IS IN MARCH)
- Bill Murray is opening a Caddyshack-themed restaurant in Illinois, just north of Chicago. It was only a matter of time. (via BoingBoing)
- The Star Wars fan film Dark Legacy looks awesome: “A female apprentice must kill a Sith Master to inherit his legacy, or become host to a strange parasite:”(via Creators)
- Ming-Na Wen wants a cameo in Disney’s live-action Mulan. Ming-Na Wen could still just straight-up play Mulan and we’d be cool with that. (via Nerdist)
- The Westworld website has updated for season 2, with some noticeable glitches. (via The Daily Dot)
- Some spoiler-y Thor: Ragnarok news. In Japan, its title will be Thor: Battle Royale, and Combicbookmovie thinks they discovered a pretty whopping spoiler about the fate of villain Surtur via a newly-released FunkoPop. What a time to be alive.
- Edgar Allen Poe Dameron cosplayer, I bow down before your obvious genius. (THAT RAVEN BB-8 IT’S TOO MUCH.) (via FashionablyGeek)
Say, friend, what’d you see, once upon a midnight dreary?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com