Things We Saw Today: Emily Blunt and James Corden Perform Romeo and Juliet (Abridged)
Wanna get even more hype for Mary Poppins Returns? Emily Blunt went on The Late Late Show with James Corden to perform a retelling of Shakespearean classic Romeo and Juliet, with a fun twist.
In this abridged version, the production includes “14 modern songs, across seven different sets and just one take to get it right.” The two absolutely hit it out of the park in this Into the Woods reunion. (via Vanity Fair)
- Speaking of: Gracious queen of elegance Julie Andrews has given Emily Blunt her approval for Mary Poppins Returns, but she won’t be making an appearance as she “really [wants] it to be Emily’s show.” I get it, but, awww. (via /Film)
- Stranger Things had a pretty great monster in the Demogorgon. However, it looks like the monster for season 2 is going to be even creepier. (via Blastr)
- The Babadook actor told NY Mag, “I didn’t feel like a gay icon at the time, I can tell you that much.” However, he doesn’t say he wasn’t told the character was queer. Babashook.
- Moana is looking for a reo Māori speaking Moana! If you or someone you know wants to audition, you can do so here.
- Tom Hardy wrote a tribute to his beloved dog Woody, who recently passed away. No, you’re crying, shut up. (via Indiewire)
Here’s Zoe Lister-Jones talking about being on all the Law and Orders and literally getting cat-called while in her rotting corpse makeup. A reminder that a woman can literally wear death and men will still go out of their way to objectify and make them uncomfortable.
And that’s it for what we saw today! It’s been a long week, what did you see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—