Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn was quoted at Hasbro’s HASCON, saying, “We are going to learn more about where Rocket comes from in the coming sagas. It’s going to be a little different from the comics. We already know a lot about from where he came from. It’s a little bit more horrible than what it is in the comics when you come down to it. We will learn more about that.”
Hmm…what could “in the coming sagas” mean? Will it be in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3? One of the Avengers films? A Rocket standalone film? (via /Film)
- As you might have heard, Mexico was hit by a magnitude 8.1 earthquake on Thursday, and Hurricane Katia also made landfall there on Saturday. You can help by donating to GlobalGiving’s Earthquake and Hurricane Relief fund (distributed to local nonprofits), the Mexican Red Cross, or UNICEF Mexico.
- Godzilla is having a collaboration with Hello Kitty, and it is both adorably monstrous and monstrously adorable.
- Futurama is returning for one episode as a podcast. (via Daily Dot)
- There’s a new teaser trailer for Fifty Shades Freed, because we still live in a fallen and broken world.
- Look at the sparkling lights of this Mario Kart LED bracelet from ThinkGeek. It’s rather absurdly priced at $59.99, but…so shiny! (via Nerdist)
- This two-hour documentary goes into incredible detail about the process of converting The Witcher into a video game. It’s in Polish, but there are English-language subtitles available. (via Kotaku)
(Featured image via Marvel Entertainment and Walt Disney Studios)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]