Things We Saw Today: Princeless Has Been Optioned for A Movie!
Sony has optioned movie rights to Princeless, the adorable, empowering, and Eisner-nominated comic from Jeremy Whitley, Mia Goodwin, and Emily Martin about a young black princess who saves herself. The movie script will be written by Stefani Robinson, who’s previously written for both Atlanta and the FX/Marvel animated Deadpool series, so I’m not sure whether Sony’s currently thinking an animated film or a live-action one – but either way, I so hope that young girls get to see this movie soon! (via Deadline)
- By nearly all reports, the first footage of Marvel and Netflix’s The Punisher was pretty dang violent.
- Warner Brothers shared footage from Aquaman in which he’s ready to fight the army of his brother, Oceanmaster, with just himself and his trident.
- Wynonna Earp has been renewed for a third season at Syfy.
- Iron Fist will have a new showrunner for its second season, which is probably a good thing.
- DC and Warner Brothers’ Flash movie is going to be titled Flashpoint, so…speculate as you will, readers! (via CBR)
- This Justice League poster is drawing Alex Ross comparisons for a reason.
— Justice League Movie (@justiceleaguewb) July 22, 2017
- Warner Brothers confirmed that they want lots more money, so they’ll be doing the smart thing and giving Wonder Woman a sequel. (via Entertainment Weekly)
(Featured image via Action Lab Comics)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—