Things We Saw Today: Luke Skywalker Sings “You’re Welcome” in This Moana/Last Jedi Mashup
YouTube user OverEnglishMan recently posted a The Last Jedi / Moana mashup, in which Luke Skywalker plays Maui to Rey’s Moana in “You’re Welcome.” OverEnglishMan replaces the original lyrics with lines like, “So what can I say except you’re welcome? For the Death Star I blew from the sky!” and “What has two thumbs and stopped the Dark Side?”
- Gizmodo posted an excellent discussion of the gender disparity in most astronaut programs, and what it means for the quality of our research into the effects of space travel on the body.
- I really enjoy Gwenda Bond’s Lois Lane novels for young adults, so I was happy to see this Entertainment Weekly interview about the latest in the series, Triple Threat. In the interview, Bond discusses her approach to Lois’s characterization, how she hopes to portray Lois and Clark’s relationship, and what’s next for the character.
- Miners in Canada accidentally unearthed the best-preserved nodosaur ever found. (via National Geographic)
- Paul McCartney just tweeted a poster of his character from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (via Nerdist)
— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) May 13, 2017
- Artist Saskia Milledge imagined what Hogwarts would be like if the students had Snapchat, over on the SparkNotes Tumblr, and her illustrations and captions are just lovable. Aaaw.
(Featured image via screengrab)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com