Things We Saw Today: Michelle Wolf Has Some A++ Suggestions for Trolling Ivanka Trump & Co.
On the latest episode of The Break With Michelle Wolf, Wolf addresses the lack of “civility” in the insults being hurled at members of the Trump administration. Wolf has a problem with this insult-based approach, but it’s not a matter of civility. Rather, she takes issue with a lack of specificity. If you’re going to insult these people, she says, “You’ve got to hit their deepest insecurities with the hot venom of a teenager from a broken home.”
For example, “If you see Ivanka on the street, first call her ‘Tiffany.’ This will devastate her.”
“Then,” she says, “talk to her in terms she’ll understand. Say, ‘Ivanka, you’re like vaginal mesh. You were supposed to support women, but now you have blood all over you and you’re the center of a thousand lawsuits.’”
Wolf has similar advice on the etiquette of shaming other Trump mouthpieces, from Clarence Thomas “callbacks” to a super appropriate and also NSFW suggestion for a conversation with Betsy DeVos. (via Pajiba)
- This list of 17 real-life “Would You Rathers” this author and most women have had to ask themselves goes deep. (via McSweeney’s)
- This list of the most underrated movies of the century so far is … ambitious. Personally, I was bored to death by #2 and #3 just feels like trolling but I don’t know, maybe I need to give some of these another shot. (Number #9 is my everything, though.) What do you all think? (via Den of Geek)
- Hollywood, please make this happen:
Please replace The Bachelorette with a scripted series about these bobsledding women who fell in love. pic.twitter.com/Dfvb6VkBy3
— Samantha Allen (@SLAwrites) July 2, 2018
- Andy Samberg says the Brooklyn Nine-Nine cast text chain was going wild after Terry Crews testified in front of the Senate about his sexual assault . (via IndieWire)
- If you need me, I’ll be staring at Kate McKinnon’s gorgeous Glamour magazine cover forever and ever. (via Go Fug Yourself)
Ugh, how is it still only Monday? Here’s to a long holiday week!
(via , image: )
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]