Things We Saw Today: Michaela Coel Knows All About Your “USS Callister” Memes
When becoming a meme was the 2018 goal you never knew you had pic.twitter.com/dTKioJUVmS
— Michaela Coel (@MichaelaCoel) January 7, 2018
Michaela Coel continues to bless us. She’s discovered that some people have taken to using this image of her character from the Black Mirror episode, “USS Callister,” for reactions and memes. And so she responded to one user by tweeting the image back at him and writing, “When becoming a meme was the 2018 goal you never knew you had.” Sometimes, just sometimes, fan-celebrity interactions on Twitter can be excellent.
- Some DCEU fans gathered in front of Warner Bros. headquarters to demand the “Zack Snyder cut” of Justice League, which almost certainly doesn’t exist. But at least one of them has an awesome Amazon cosplay?
Fans gathered in front of Warner Bros. HQ today to take a photo and ask them to #ReleaseTheSnyderCut pic.twitter.com/JQPxjVPQNu
— Batman-News.com (@BatmanNewsCom) January 6, 2018
- Ridley Scott has an idea for a sequel to Blade Runner 2049 that’s ready to go. “I’ve got another [story] ready to evolve and be developed, so there is certainly one to be done for sure,” he said. But having seen the Alien sequels, I personally don’t know if I want to see that. (via io9)
- Jake Tapper cut off White House adviser Stephen Miller during an interview, and it was pretty epic. Though inviting Miller on in the first place? Less so. (via Hollywood Reporter)
“I think I’ve wasted enough of my viewers’ time” is an iconic way to end an interview pic.twitter.com/t6cxccKoZo
— Matthew Champion (@matthewchampion) January 7, 2018
- Something looks fishy with the Black Panther pins at Disney parks. After the Disney Pins Blog posted the below image on Twitter, many users noticed that T’Challa’s skin looks pretty darn Caucasian. However, this may have been a question of the camera’s flash, and sites are still awaiting comment from Disney on the matter. You can read more over at Polygon.
Closer look at the new Marvel Black Panther open edition pin from Disney Parks! https://t.co/ZhfP9LGW5v pic.twitter.com/QiZ949g1JC
— Disney Pins Blog (@DisneyPinsBlog) January 7, 2018
- We’ve got a new Golden Globes TV spot for Ava DuVernay’s A Wrinkle in Time! (via SYFY Wire)
That’s all I’ve got for today! What’d you all see?
(Featured image: Netflix)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]