Things We Saw Today: That Time Harrison Ford Punched Ryan Gosling in the Face
Straight from the Harrison’s mouth are some incredible anecdotes about the actor punching Ryan Gosling on the set of Bladerunner 2049.
GQ has the whole story of the accidental punch (contained within an illuminating cover story on the scoundrelly star) but some delicious excerpts can be found via the tweet below as well. Harrison Ford sure loves the word “fucking” (then ago, so do I). Here are my favorite pull quotes.
My new life philosophy:
“I was just fucking with them. Because they were fucking with me.”
On the Gosling incident:
“I punched Ryan Gosling in the face,” Ford confirms. Then he adds, by way of clarification, that “Ryan Gosling’s face was where it should not have been.”
He said you went to his dressing room with a bottle of scotch…
…and poured him a glass, then walked out with the bottle.
“Yeah? What—did he fucking expect the whole bottle? You know, I figured one drink would fix it. That was enough.”
So did that epitomize your working relationship?
“Pretty much. No, he was fun to work with. I like him a lot. He’s a smart guy. I mean, he’s a fucking Mouseketeer—he’s been doing this since he was 6 years old or something. He knows what he’s doing.”
— William Goodman (@goodmanw) September 13, 2017
You know, I’ve long gotten the impression that Harrison Ford is a fucking dick, but he’s our fucking dick.
- Tom Hiddleston, the tastiest English biscuit around, spills about what Loki’s up to in Thor: Ragnarok. (via Slashfilm)
- Some deets on Aaron Sorkin adapting To Kill a Mockingbird for Broadway. (via Twitter)
- OKCupid partnered with Planned Parenthood to add an optional badge of #IStandWithPP support to profiles, so that now you can see which potential dates are worth dating and which believe in denying reproductive rights and essential healthcare. (via Cosmopolitan)
- This gross story about Rick & Morty co-creator Justin Roiland saying “fuck the union” in response to the show’s underpaid artists ratifying a new labor agreement makes me happy I don’t watch Rick & Morty. (via Cartoon Brew)
- Marvel Comics has plans to resurrect the original Jean Grey. Insert phoenix jokes here at will. (via Syfy Wire)
What did you see today on your adventures?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—