Things We Saw Today: French President Emmanuel Macron Admits That Trump Handshake Was Purposefully Aggressive
Donald Trump is known for his weird, ego-boosting, overly-aggressive handshakes but he may have met his match with French President Emmanuel Macron. The latter was presumably briefed about said hand assaults ahead of their meeting in Brussels on Thursday because he came prepared. Rather than let [insert insult here] get the upper hand, Macron forcefully squeezed and refused to let go. “My handshake with him, it wasn’t innocent,”
“My handshake with him, it wasn’t innocent,” Macron told the Journal du Dimanche. “That’s how you ensure you are respected. You have to show you won’t make small concessions–not even symbolic ones.” Well played. (via Jezebel)
- The Bachelorette’s Rachel Lindsay says men of color will “go a longer way through my journey.” (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Le sigh. Mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo doesn’t want to allow black feminists to gather for a festival. (via Al Jazeera)
- The LA Times explores why so many women are dropping out of the workforce.
- Here are 13 women who were making comics longer than most of us have been alive. (via Women Write About Comics)
- You need to see the harrowing documentary I Am Still Here which delves into the dark reality of sex-trafficking. (via Deadline)
- So why exactly does the America flag fly half-staff until noon on Memorial Day? Let Live Science explain.
That’s it on my end. What did you find, friends?
(image: CBS News)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—