Things We Saw Today: Ethereal Empress of Flawless Vocals and Fluffy Sleeves Celine Dion Delivers Stunning Titanic Tribute
It’s been nearly
84 20 years and we’ve never fully let go of the game-changing blockbuster that is Titanic or its equally epic theme sung by literal goddess Celine Dion. The Grammy Award winner was on hand for Sunday night’s Billboard Music Awards to pay tribute to the film with a beautiful rendition of the song that launched a thousand memes. Her performance included stunning vocals, a chandelier almost as luxurious as the ship’s grand staircase and some inexplicably (but still gorgeous) puffy sleeves. Still waiting for the full video to appear online but you can catch a glimpse of the performance in the video above. (via The Atlantic)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda is back at it with another awesome Spotify playlist. (via Twitter)
- White male privilege is this millionaire who was only fined $50 after sexually abusing his maid. (via Daily Dot)
- Resident Evil is getting six-film reboot. Yep. (via Collider)
- Check out these D & D spells by a neural network. (via Twitter)
- The Bordelons are all about legacy in Queen Sugar’s season 2 trailer. (via Deadline)
- This alternate version of “Days in the Sun” from Beauty and the Beast is wonderful. (via Movies.com)
- Taste of his own medicine? A belligerent man in a Trump hat was kicked off a plane and onlookers chanted “Lock him up!” (via Washington Post)
That’s it on my end. What did you all find?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—