Things We Saw Today: How to Order Butterbeer at Starbucks
Starbucks now offers two “secret” Harry Potter drinks: the Butterbeer Latte and the Butterbeer Frappuccino. And as with most “secret” drinks, you just have to know how to order them.
Unfortunately, the act of ordering these is not exactly … magical. No, there are no spells. No code words. No solemnly swearing you are up to no good. Instead, you order a Butterbeer Latte by asking for a Latte “with whole milk, caramel syrup, toffee nut syrup, and cinnamon dolce syrup.” And for the Butterbeer Frappuccino, you order a Crème Frappuccino “with caramel and toffee nut syrups, with caramel drizzle over the top.”
In short, the magic words are “I’m high-maintenance.” (via NBC Chicago)
- The eighth season of American Horror Story will be set in the future, but they will not be going to space. “Still topical, but the future,” said creator Ryan Murphy. (via EW)
- Spawn reportedly won’t say any entire word in the Spawn movie. “I like to explain that it’s my Jaws,” said Todd MacFarlane, the creator of the character and producer on the movie. “Spawn doesn’t say a word the entire movie, and it’s the same way with Jaws. It’s about the sheriff and the people, chasing the ghost. That’s it…The lead role isn’t Spawn, the lead role is a cop, like Sheriff Brody from Jaws.” (via io9)
- Showtime is releasing a documentary about Chelsea Manning! Titled XY Chelsea, the documentary begins on the day Chelsea was released from prison and follows her “on a journey of discovery, while also examining her place in the conversation on national security and in the fight of the transgender community for rights and visibility.” (via Deadline)
- One of Roy Moore’s accusers, Tina Johnson, had her house was burned down, and county officials suspect arson. However, the county sheriff also made a statement that “the on-going investigation does not lead us to believe that the fire is in any way related to Roy Moore or allegations made against him.” I desperately want to believe they’re right. Johnson’s family has started a GoFundMe campaign to help her rebuild. (via The Slot)
- Enchantress will be the next playable character available on Injustice 2. Players with the Ultimate Edition, Ultimate Pack, or Fighter Pack 3 will have access on January 8, while everyone else will have access on January 16. (via Polygon)
That’s all I’ve got for today, TMSers! What’d you see?
(Featured image: Warner Bros. Studios)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]