Things We Saw Today: 1990s League Of Extraordinary Gentlepersons
Things We Saw Today
Aug 21st, 2012, 5:02 pm
- Statues of giant jewelry are popping up in Belgium. Check out this giant earring on The Frisky!
- Kate Leth, who we greatly adore, will have an Adventure Time comic backup strip Marceline and the Scream Queens #4 featuring none other than another we greatly adore – Lumpy Space Princess! (via Leth’s Tumblr)
- Author Spike Marlowe is donating a portion of sales from her book Placenta of Love to Planned Parenthood for the month of August. (via Culture Map)
We’ve got some new images of The Hobbit thanks to a 2013 calendar. See some more at SuperheroHype.
- Speaking of calendars, the Women of Geekdom 2013 calendar is available for pre-order. They write, “The brainchild of Laura and Shaun Rosado of the Geek Podcast Shauncastic!, this project was founded on one simple goal: to showcase the diversity of female geeks.” A portion of the proceeds will go to benefit The Wayne Foundation, who are, “committed to spreading awareness of CSEC (Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children) and building a rehabilitation facility for victims DMST (Domestic Minor Sexual Trafficking).”
- There’s an open casting call going on for Auror’s Tale, the fan made Harry Potter web series all about the wizard fighters (watch the trailer!).
- A scientist has illustrated the evolutionary history of…dragons. And now you can buy it on a t-shirt. Well this just keeps getting better. (via io9)
DC’s Aquaman title gets a Robot Chicken varient cover for issue #12. (via The Beat)
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
Follow The Mary Sue:
Jill Pantozzi - Editor in Chief