Things We Saw Today: Make Your Own Wildfire Jack-O-Lantern!
For an inspired twist on a classic Halloween decoration that will impress friends and terrify trick-or-treaters, make your Jack-O-Lantern breathe green fire with this step-by-step guide! (Thanks to the powers of science, this nifty stunt will only put you back about $15.) (via Nerdist)
- In celebration of the recent Black Widow series news, take a look at 40 of the best and most badass covers from over the past 50 years featuring Natasha Romanoff herself. (via ComicBookResources)
- Several items from the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies were auctioned off on Friday, with Princess Leia’s infamous gold bikini going for $96,000. (via Reuters)
The Martian pulled in $18 million on its opening day and is likely estimated to make about $50 million before end of weekend. According to TMS contributor Lesley Coffin’s review, this film couldn’t have come at a better time. (via Variety)
- This great piece by Katharine Schwab breaks down some of the reasons why Buffy the Vampire Slayer has paved the way in legitimizing the academic study of television shows. (via The Atlantic)
- The first virtual reality proposal ended in a real-life engagement! (via Ars Technica)
- Here’s a helpful how-to guide in identifying your strengths and weaknesses so you can do some leveling-up in your everyday life. (via Lifehacker)
What did you see today? Remember: the limit does not exist.
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]